Celebrating Canada Day With a Clear Windshield
Canada Day is the perfect opportunity to head out to the mountains or plan a quick weekend getaway. With all of the festivities happening around town, it’s important to be mindful of the typical surge in traffic. Unfortunately, the rise in vehicles on the road means an increased risk of windshield damage. You can minimize the chances of windshield damage by taking a few precautions.
Tips for Preventing Windshield Damage During Canada Day
- Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles – Keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you to minimize the risk of debris or rocks hitting your windshield. This is especially important when driving on highways or roads with heavy traffic.
- Avoid following construction vehicles – Construction vehicles often carry loose materials that can easily become airborne and cause windshield damage. Try to maintain a safe distance from these vehicles to reduce the risk.
- Be cautious near large trucks – Large trucks can kick up rocks and debris from the road surface. Stay aware of your surroundings and give these vehicles extra space to minimize the chances of windshield damage.
- Shield your windshield from the sun – Extreme heat can cause stress on your windshield and potentially lead to cracks. Whenever possible, park your vehicle in the shade or use a windshield sunshade to reduce direct exposure to sunlight.
- Don’t slam doors – Slamming car doors with excessive force can create vibrations that may weaken the windshield over time. Close doors gently to minimize unnecessary stress on the glass.
- Drive cautiously on gravel roads – If your road trip includes gravel roads, drive at a safe speed to minimize the amount of debris thrown against your windshield. Slow down when necessary and maintain a safe distance from vehicles in front of you.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes – Rapid temperature changes can stress your windshield and increase the chances of cracks. Avoid using cold water or ice to wash a hot windshield, and avoid parking your vehicle in direct sunlight after it has been exposed to cold temperatures.
- Get professional help when needed – If you notice any windshield damage during your trip, get it fixed as soon as possible. At Mobile Windshield Replacement, we can assess the damage and provide necessary repairs or replacements to ensure your safety on the road.
Mobile Windshield Replacement: Proudly Canadian
At Mobile Windshield Replacement, we take great pride in being a proudly Canadian company. As Canadians ourselves, we understand the importance of supporting local businesses and providing exceptional services to our fellow Canadians. Our commitment to quality, convenience, and customer satisfaction reflects the values that define our great nation.
When you choose Mobile Windshield Replacement, you’re getting a reliable and professional service and supporting a homegrown business that contributes to the local economy. As we proudly serve Canadians from coast to coast, we strive to uphold the values that make our country unique: integrity, inclusivity, and a strong sense of community.
From all of us here at Mobile Windshield Replacement, we wish you a safe and fun Canada Day!